What types of construction require a building permit?

Most construction and remodel jobs require permits. The best way to find out if you need a permit is to contact the City of Princeton Building Inspection Division at 972-736-6169 between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.

Common types of permits include:

  • Amusement (carnivals)
  • Certificate of Occupancy
  • Demolition
  • Driveway and sidewalk
  • Fence
  • Foundation repair
  • Irrigation systems
  • New a/c or furnace
  • New electric service or repairs
  • Patio
  • Patio covers
  • Parking pads
  • Pools, spas, and hot tubs
  • Retaining walls
  • Remodels
  • Room additions
  • Sewer or water line repairs
  • Special promotion (commercial)
  • Storage building
  • Tent Permits
  • Moving of buildings and heavy equipment

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my gas turned on?
2. What types of construction require a building permit?
3. Can I get an extension on my permit?
4. Do I need a permit for my garage sale?
5. How much does it cost to register as a contractor with the City of Princeton?
6. What types of contractors must be registered with the City of Princeton?
7. How will I know if my inspection passed or failed?
8. What is the cutoff time for a next-day inspection?