Veterans Memorial Park
|Other Link||Click Here to Reserve|
- Picnic Tables
- Park Benches
In 1943, the Princeton women called Noino Study Club (spelling the word onion backwards) began to notice that the City was very unattractive because of the large dumping ground in the center of the town, where the railroad had been taken up. They began working and planning a park, with a beautification committee.
Under a special bill, the German prisoners were contracted to do the work on the park. The park was built in memory of the men who served in the armed forces during World War II.
Mrs. Ammon Smith, the president of the Noino Club at that time, explained that the park was a “living memorial” to those who served so well during the war, and that it was a shrine to the memory of those who lost their lives in the war.
The information was provided by Princeton Independent School District Special Programs Advisory Council in “Princeton, TX 1881 to 2000.”