Façade Improvement Grant Program
The City of Princeton Economic Development Corporation Façade Improvement Matching Incentive Grant Program provides a dollar-for-dollar match in the form of reimbursement up to a maximum of $17,500 for eligible improvements to facades in the City of Princeton.
Participants are eligible for up to one incentive per 12-month period from the completion of a previous project under this program, if applicable. Applicants who meet the $17,500 match threshold are eligible for the waiver of building permit fees.
Only building permit fees that are part of the incentive application will be waived. Building permit fees for improvements not related to the incentive application and/or are not visible from the street, parking area, or public park are not eligible for the fee waiver.
Complete the application and email it to DeShawyna Walker.
- Eligible Improvements
- Ineligible Improvements
- Application Requirements
- Program Guidelines
- Must be an existing building located within the city limits of Princeton, TX.
- Eligible façade improvements shall not begin before the application is approved.
- Improvements must comply with all applicable state and local code requirements.
- Improvements must be on the exterior and visible to the public (street, parking area, or public park).
- Buildings with multiple tenants are eligible for one (1) program incentive per tenant, per twelve (12) month period from completion of previous program project.
- Façade facelift such as painting, trim work, cladding
- Front porch additions and enhancements
- New or enhanced attached signage and/or awnings
- Detached signage
- Exterior lighting
- New storefronts
- Window replacement and window framing
- Hardscape improvements such as sidewalk pavers, concrete off-street parking, fencing visible to the public, and lamp posts
- Engineering or Architectural costs up to 15% of the project
Ineligible Improvements (Interior Improvements)
- Interior improvements
- Any facades not visible to the public (street, parking area, or park)
- Roof repair
- New buildings or new building additions other than exterior additions such as porches and entry features
- Plantings or landscaping
- Outdoor furnishings unless permanently affixed to the building
- Drawings or renderings of the project proposal.
- Completed incentive program application signed by the applicant and the owner of the property (if different from the applicant).
- Cost Proposals: Two (2) written cost proposals from bona fide tradespeople, contractors, or suppliers whose business is located within the Princeton City limits (where applicable).
- Contractor Qualification: One (1) completed Statement of Contractor’s Qualifications form for each cost proposal. Contractors must be registered with the City of Princeton.
- Exterior photo(s) of the existing building.
- Written description of the project proposal.
- You can complete this application and submit it online. If printing and completing manually, please be sure to complete the form in its entirety and attach all required documents when submitting your application for consideration.
- Projects are subject to Available funding allocated between October 31st and September 30th.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee approval.
- All eligibility requirements must be met to be considered for the incentive program.
- Only complete applications will be considered for approval. Incomplete applications which are missing required application materials will not be considered and shall expire after six (6) months. The six (6) month time period will begin on the date of the most recent staff correspondence with the applicant. A new completed application must be submitted in order to resume activity on a grant application.
- Applications will be reviewed and considered on a first-come, first-served basis until all available program funds have been allocated.
- Appropriate permits must be obtained prior to beginning construction.
- Construction of improvements must commence within ninety (90) days of application approval and must be completed within one (1) year of application approval. The applicant may request a one (1) time thirty (30) day extension for construction commencement and a one (1) time (6) month extension to complete the project from the City Manager.
- Any changes or modifications to the approved application must be approved.
- Payment of the matching incentive funds shall be in the form of a reimbursement of seventy percent (70%) of the total cost of the improvements to a maximum of seventeen thousand five hundred dollars ($17,500).
- Payment will be made after all work is satisfactorily completed according to the terms of the approved program application and all costs are documented with receipts and/or invoices.
- Payment will not be made for any work completed before the application is approved.
- A completed W-9 Form (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) provided by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will be required by the property owner prior to any payment.
- Improvements completed under the City of Princeton EDC Facade Improvement Matching Incentive Grant Program shall become permanent fixtures of the building and shall not be removed or altered for a period of five (5) years without the express consent of the City of Princeton.
- Once the project has been completed, to receive the reimbursement payment, please complete an Application for Payment and submit a completed Certificate of the Contractor Form and W-9 for each contractor submitted in the grant application.