The Office of the City Secretary is a customer driven department that delivers support with the utmost integrity and professionalism through prompt and courteous citizen interactions. Our commitment to excellence - by a creative and innovative team - supports, facilitates and strengthens the City of Princeton governmental process by assisting the Mayor and the City Council in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities.
Officer of the City
The City Secretary is an officer of the City. The position of the City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law. In addition to statutory duties, the City Secretary serves as the Director of the Office of the City Secretary, which oversees Election Administration, Records Management, Public Information, and the appointment process of Boards and Commissions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Improving public access to municipal records and other information
- Enhancing public participation in municipal government processes
- Safeguarding, educating and enriching the municipal election and records management processes
- Providing continuity for the Princeton city government by recording its legislative actions, both contemporary and archival, and serving as historian for the City
- Providing daily assistance to all administrative departments of the City of Princeton government
- Notice of Deadline Election 2022 (PDF)
- Resolution No. 2021-09-27-21-R-01 Mass Meeting-Home Rule Charter Commission (PDF)
- Resolution No. 2021-11-08-R05 Council Relations Rules of Order Code of Ethics (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 2022-08-22-11 (Ordering Special Election) Executed (Spanish) - PDF
- Ordinance No. 2022-08-22-11 (Ordering Special Election) Executed (English) - PDF