Welcome to Princeton Municipal Court
The law requires that you appear in Court and enter a plea in your case.
- If you were issued a citation, your appearance date is noted on your citation. By signing the citation, you promised to appear in court or to take some action by the date indicated.
- If you were in custody, your appearance date will be listed on the written promise to appear provided to you at the jail.
- Failure to appear or resolve your citation on or before your initial appearance date may result in a hold being placed on your driver's license, additional fees, and a warrant for your arrest.
- If you hire an attorney to handle your case, your attorney will contact the court to establish the appropriate court setting.
- Juveniles and Minors have a separate set of rules for their appearances.
Request for Records
Requests for records held by the Princeton Municipal Court should be directed to the court clerks. In accordance with Sections 552.003(1)(B)(i) and 552.0035 of the Texas Public Information Act (Government Code Chapter 552), access to information collected, assembled, or maintained by the Princeton Municipal Court is governed by rules adopted by the Supreme Court of Texas and other applicable law. Judicial records such as case dispositions cannot be obtained through public information requests submitted to the City of Princeton.
If you have any questions please get in touch with the Court at 972-736-2416, ext. 2.